Thank you for your request. I really appreciate your interest in my services! I look at every shearing request carefully and I will get back with you as soon as possible about setting up a date. Because of the logistical complexity of setting up travel routes and the time that requires, in order to incorporate you into my schedule, new clients will be asked to pay a non-refundable deposit in order to secure their spot.
Thank you very much for choosing me and I hope to be able to meet you and your flock soon.
There are some services I do not provide: please see Exclusions
Late February-early March and
First two weeks of April:
NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, GA
Virginia (North and Central)
West Virginia (eastern panhandle only)
Last week of August, first week of September:
If you are looking for a shearer in a different state, please try these resources:
Please note rain policies:
- If you know it’s going to rain and you have a place to put your animals under cover, please do so in advance.
- If you have a barn, great! If not — I’ve had clients be creative about places to shear in case it is still raining when I’m due to come – I’ve sheared in garages, on front porches and I would not have a problem shearing in your kitchen – nor a first choice, but it gets the job done. 🙂
- I can shear a somewhat wet animal – damp on the outside (though it is undesirable for many reasons, including that you can’t bag up your fleece). I can’t shear if they are soaked to skin.
- I can’t shear on wet ground – it’s dangerous.
- If there is no way possible for you to provide a reasonably dry animal and a space under cover for shearing, please let me know as early as you can so that I can plan accordingly.
- I will reschedule rained-out farms later in the season.
Kinder, Gentler Shearing & Care
Web site: https://www.shroedershearing.com
A service of and benefiting Star Gazing Farm Animal Sanctuary