Routine hoof and toenail trims are performed at no cost within the shearing prices. *
Sheep: $16-20 each (note: I do not shear all sheep breeds. see here for exclusions)
Angora Goats: $25 each
Pygora Goats: $20 each
Alpacas: $38-42 each
Crias: $15 each
Llamas: $45 each
*Animals with severely overgrown hooves may incur an additional fee
A farm call/setup fee of $90 is charged at each farm. This is independent of actual shearing or trimming fees. NOTE: this only includes setting up at one station. If we need to move equipment to other areas there are additional charges.
Hoof/toenail trims only: $5-10 per animal
Crutching, pizzle area trims, facing (includes hoof trims): $10 per animal
Camelid tooth trims (incisors and fighting teeth): $10 per animal ($5 if done at shearing time)
Pig tusk trims, pig hoof trims, horn trims: $20 per animal per service
INCLUDED AND NOT INCLUDED
Shearing prices include:
- hoof/toenail trims for each animal shorn
- stopping to check on body condition, as needed
- discussion with owner on any issues pertaining to the animal
- a shearing assistant (from April 1 to June 30 I will normally have a full time shearing assistant with me )
Shearing prices do not include:
- farm call fee (which is $90 per farm)
- multiple station setups at one farm ($35 additional fee for each new setup that involves moving equipment, mats, cords, etc.)
- fiber collection and/or skirting
- time for owner administering of medication or injections Note: I discourage owners from vaccinating at the same time as shearing. Medical and herd health work should be done on a separate day for the health of the animal. $5 fee will be added for each animal that owner treats medically during the shearing time.
- collecting/herding animals from the field. Animals should be contained before we arrive.
- animals with significantly more than one year’s growth on them
Payment is required at the time of service. Checks, venmo or cash are preferred. Credit card payments can be accepted; there is an additional 3.275% surcharge for using paypal and a 3.5% surcharge for using Square.
If for any reason you are unable to pay at the time of service, please advise of this in advance. Payment is due within 15 days. There will be an additional $10 fee for re-invoicing if payment is not received within 15 days.
Non-weather-related cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance to avoid a $50 cancellation fee.