Sheep: $15 each
Angora Goats: $25 each
Pygora Goats: $20 each
Alpacas: $35-40 each
Crias: $15 each
Llamas: $40-45 each
Shearing prices include hoof/toenail trimming.
A farm call/setup fee of $85 is charged at each farm. This is independent of actual shearing or trimming fees.
GAS SURCHAGE: The cost of travel has gone up exponentially since 2021. Very few of the farms we travel to are in our own neighborhood; we are on the road all the time. Gasoline (and hotels) have both risen in price to the point that we regrettably have to add a $5-15 gas surcharge to every farm we travel to (with exception of those who live in our neighborhood in Boyds). We hope that gas prices will go back to “normal” and we will be able to soon remove the surcharge.
Hoof/toenail trims only: $5-10 per animal
Crutching, pizzle area trims, facing (includes hoof trims): $10 per animal
Camelid tooth trims (incisors and fighting teeth): $10 per animal ($5 if done at shearing time)
Pig tusk trims, pig hoof trims, horn trims: $20 per animal per service
INCLUDED AND NOT INCLUDED
Shearing prices include:
- hoof/toenail trims for each animal shorn
- stopping to check on body condition, as needed
- discussion with owner on any issues pertaining to the animal
- a shearing assistant (from April to July I will normally have a full time shearing assistant with me )
Shearing prices do not include:
- farm call fee (which is $85 per farm)
- multiple station setups at one farm ($25-35 additional fee for each new setup that involves moving equipment, mats, electricity, etc.)
- fiber collection and/or skirting
- time for owner administering of medication or injections Note: I discourage owners from vaccinating at the same time as shearing. Medical and herd health work should be done on a separate day for the health of the animal. $5 fee will be added for each animal that owner treats medically during the shearing time.
- collecting/herding animals from the field. Animals should be contained before we arrive.
- animals with significantly more than one year’s growth on them
Payment is required at the time of service. Checks, venmo or cash are preferred. Credit card payments can be accepted; there is an additional 3.275% surcharge for using paypal and a 3.5% surcharge for using Square.
If for any reason you are unable to pay at the time of service, you will be sent an invoice; there is a $10 administrative fee for generating an invoice. Payment is due within 15 days. There will be an additional $10 fee for re-invoicing if payment is not received within 15 days.
Non-weather-related cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance to avoid a $50 cancellation fee.