Shroeder Shearing is a service started by Anne Shroeder (that’s me) in 2004. As a small flock owner, I discovered it was difficult to find gentle shearers to shear my animals and so decided to dedicate myself to learning the craft.
I currently shear for upwards of 350 farms each year – the flock sizes range from 1 to 100. I shear sheep, alpacas, goats, and llamas, and also do hoof trimming and (for camelids) tooth trimming.
My primary goals:
- Treat your animals with care and respect.
- Remove fiber in an efficient and professional manner.
I partner with experienced livestock assistants who are polite to humans and gentle with animals.
A portion all proceeds of the shearing go to benefit Star Gazing Farm Animal Sanctuary.
- Angora & Pygora goats
- Horse and pony full body and trace clips
- Donkey clipping
- Cow clipping
- Camel clipping
- Hoof trimming for sheep, goats, and pigs
- Toenail trimming for alpacas, llamas, dogs, and rabbits
- Tooth trimming for alpacas and llamas (incisors, fighting teeth)
- Livestock guardian dog brushing, de-matting, toenail trims
- Trimming sheep and goat horns that are growing into the head (diamond wire method)
I am not qualified to trim cow or horse/pony/donkey hooves; for clients in central Maryland I will be happy to recommend my own farrier. For other areas, please ask me – my clients often give me referrals to their farriers/blacksmiths.